Saturday, April 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. ~Jane Austen

How happy and relieved we are to finally be home! Mary was delighted to see her brothers and I was just so glad to see my own bed. I took a shower, gave Mary a bath (being careful to not immerse her incision, of course) and we snuggled together for a four hour nap. We woke to dinner, enjoyed a quick game of sweet revenge and then caught up on some family reading before heading off to bed.

We have an appointment with Dr. V for an echo and some blood work on Monday - he is keeping a close eye on the fluid still surrounding Mary's heart.

There is so much I want to share about our time at Loyola, and some lessons learned through this ordeal, but that will have to wait for a later time. For now, though, here is a picture of Mary, gnawing a cinnamon raisin bagel. Charlie and Sam were both much older than 5-1/2 months before anything other than breastmilk passed their lips - and it was something more 'perfect', like avocado or sweet potato. Also, when Scott suggested giving Mary teething biscuits during the drive home from the hospital yesterday, I rolled my eyes with a great big, of course not! She's too young! But as we all know, mama gets to make (and change on a whim) all the rules.


And really, after what Mary's been through, she can have pretty much anything she wants!

4 comments:

splinters and wholeness said...

its okay, desmond was only about 1 month old when he got his first "mini cone" at dairy queen. right emily?

Gabi said...

Perhaps that's what caused his tachycardia...

Kelly said...

I'm TOTALLY bringing Doritos over next week.

I love that little superhero. She's so brave! Like her mama.

Anonymous said...

I seem to be giving Justice more table food a whole lot earlier than I did for the other two boys. He loves it. Danielle