Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blip

A tiny one. We thought we were going home this morning. I packed up in record time and while waiting for Scott to come with our chariot, Mary's cardiologist came in. He told us her echo showed she had some fluid around her heart. He said it wasn't too serious at this point, but he really wanted to watch her, and repeat the echo on Friday. Hopefully, there will be less fluid then, and we can head home.

I'm a little tired of being here. When I was getting ready to go last week, I complained to Scott that I was dreading the stay in the PICU again. He suggested I think of it like a little hotel. LOL! Not. However, I am so, so grateful that I am able to be here with Mary around the clock. Even 20 years ago, most hospitals didn't allow parents to stay overnight. I would be feeling much more crazy if I had to leave her each night. I also feel blessed that we have the kind of support in place to help with Charlie and Sam. I would like to be home by Sunday, especially - Charlie is turning 9!

4 comments:

splinters and wholeness said...

mama, what is your email? sarah jones can't remember.

Anonymous said...

I hope Charlie has as great a birthday as G. did! Although I will say, 8 is a great age -- but it only gets better and better.

At A Hen's Pace said...

So glad that you're having a good experience there, even if it isn't a hotel! :)

Praying that the fluid level went down today and you can all celebrate C's birthday together at HOME!

~Jeanne

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.