Monday, February 4, 2008

Call me Ishmael

Here is Mary in a Moby Wrap baby carrier. I wore her facing out for the first time yesterday. It might not be apparent from this photo, but she really liked it. I love wearing my babies. Aside from the emotional and developmental benefits the physical closeness brings to mama and babe, it's just plain practical.

We saw Dr. V, the cardiologist, last week. Mary was a whopping 13 lbs. 10 oz. at just under 3 months old! That's up 6 lbs from birth. She seems to be my chubbiest baby yet, which is interesting, because she definitely doesn't hang out on the boob the way the boys did. She sleeps more, too, so maybe her body gets the rest it needs to grow. We are now thinking her surgery will be shortly after Easter. I am torn between wishing that day would be behind us already, and that it would never come. I have only just recently had full days go by where I don't cry/panic at the thought of her past and impending surgeries. She looks perfect. I want to leave her that way.

11 comments:

MaPi said...

She is BOOBiful. Finally, you got a fatty baby. I thought I would be the only one in the family with a 20 pound 4 month old. She is well on her way. She is too cute and such a little cutie. Plus, your mobi wrap makes you look skinny (maybe it can also have the benefit of a girdle (sp?)

Anonymous said...

you're wearing it wrong : )
hang on, mary!!

Gabi said...

Well I figured that out later :P Check out homemademama.blogspot.com to see a successful carry.

Kelly said...

She IS perfect. I wish I could make the surgery just go away.

Sigh. I love you.

emily said...

it's too bad kelly can't get her "cardiologist degree" within the next few months and give you a second opinion.
i hope i lowered your blog's IQ point by writing "cardiologist degree".

Gabi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabi said...

It's a cardiology "certificate".

Kelly said...

I WILL get my cardiologist degree. And after I fix Mary by declaring her perfectly healthy I will abdandon cardiology in favor of Pediadontistry.

Hee.

Gabi said...

You do understand that your pediadontistry certificate will only be valid in Wrigleyville, though, right?

Anonymous said...

Only posted a comment anywhere once before. This is so weird opening up to the whole world. We are praying for Mary. Just wanted you to know. Love, Lora, Mike, Catherine, Krista, Michael, Mark, Kevin, Clarissa, and Zachary.

Gabi said...

Lora (and family),

It is wonderful to hear from you! Don't worry, it's not the whole world, only about 20 people or so :)

Thank you so much for remembering Mary in your prayers.

Love,

Gabi